- Valid California Drivers License or ID
- Firearms Safety Certificate (FSC card)
- Proof of residency (auto registration, lease agreement, etc)*
- Proof of lock with gun purchase (MOST new gun purchases include a lock)
- Valid Federal government issued ID**
* Proof of residency is where you physically live and where the gun is registered. PO Boxes are not acceptable.
** What is acceptable to the state (DOJ) may not be acceptable to Federal Gov. (ATF)
If you do not possess a California ID you can not purchase a gun. The exam for the Firearms Safety Certificate (FSC card) can be taken at Bay Area Gun Vault. See link below for the Study Guide.
Forms and publications in "PDF" format can be downloaded and printed in a version almost identical to the original format.
To view "PDF" files, you may need to download and install the free viewer available from Adobe.